Semi-Tacky Fast Dry Sublimation Paper
As a Sticky Version with Tack, this specialty paper will adhere to the fabric during transfer which will eliminate ghosting or loss of details due to textile shrinkage or movements in the transfer process.
Normally High Tacky Sublimation Paper, Its drying speed is double of Fast Dry type of Sublimation Paper. This version sublimation paper with semi tacky but drying speed is faster than high tacky Sublimation Paper.
Therefore, it will help you reduce production errors and increase the quality of end products.
Manufacturers using flat-bed presses will also benefit from the TACK as it eliminates issues such as “floating” when the heat press is opened.
- No more defective substrates.(no cloudy patterns & no blurred images)
- Eliminate”ghosting issues” caused by paper shifting or fabric shrinkage.
- Reduce waste to an absolute minimum.
- Fast drying time as good as it get.
- Ideal for sportswear, garment, banner and flag manufacturers.
- Transfer rate is 95%
The Max width we can make is 3200mm,and we also can make 80meters length or 120meters,150meters length per roll or Jumbo roll that is according to customer’s requirements.
We are a leading manufacturer and exporter of digital printing peripherals. Our products have received certifications such as ISO9001 and CE. Starting out with a vision to lead the revolution in printing technology in China. JD has now created a good reputation at home and abroad. In the area of sublimation transfer printing products, we have developed and are distributing Sublimation paper,T shirt heat transfer paper,Sublimation ink,Textile ink and so on.
In addition, we will continue to complete our development of digital printing products in order to meet customer’s demands for any type of ink and paper.
We can offer free samples for testing,but please afford the freight charge. If you have any questions please Contact Us by Skype:subtransferpaper OR Whatsapp 0086-18613194646
PRINTING & STORAGE GUIDANCES
- Printing :Unpack the wrapping vinyl one day prior to printing in the printing room to acclimatize. Image side could be wounded by the outside of the roll. So, make adequate size of image for the paper width. The printed paper should be sufficiently dry before the transfer. Our paper has excellent performance of holding inks even at the high speed printing mode.
- Printer and Ink Compatibility :
Our paper has been tested and work successfully on the most famous brands of inkjet printing
systems equipped with dye sublimation inks. All Pieze Electric Drop on Demand printers like Epson, Mimaki, Mutoh and Roland printers have provided really excellent results with our paper.
- Printer Setting :
Recommend a Heavy Coated Paper print mode for all printer brands and models. Do not oversaturate the paper. Use ICC Profiles to optimize your particular printer/ink/RIP setup
- Press Setting :
Recommend a little more pressure and temperature in 100gsm sticky pressing. Pressing time and temperature shall be differently applied in accordance with the substances. It is also important to check the quality of heat transfer press machine.
- Material Storage :
Dye sublimation transfer paper is mostly very week against moisture. To protect unused papers, it is recommended to store the papers in its original packaging with inner poly bag at 59-86degree F / 15-30degree C and 30-50% RH.
- *Please note that transfer paper DOES have a shelf life; it lasts about 1 year depending upon storage. It must be kept sealed in its plastic bag. High humidity or dry conditions can shorten its shelf life.
Defination of Sublimation
Sublimation, as a process is really very simple. It is the method of applying a dye printed image to a specially coated surface like ceramics, metals and polyester cloth, using three main ingredients: sublimation ink, transfer paper, heat and pressure.
a.Sublimation ink is unique in its ability to convert a solid into a gas, skipping the liquid phase.The conversion is initiated by heat and controlled with pressure and time. Hard items such as ceramic mugs, tiles, fiber board, metals, etc. requires a special coating to accept the sublimation inks. You must purchase these materials like mugs, tiles, metals, etc. with the coating already on them, it is not something you can coat yourself.
b.Dye Sublimation Transfer Paperor Dye-sublimation paper, or dye-sub paper, is specially designed to accept dye-sublimation inks. The ink conversion imprinting process is done with heat and controlled by pressure. The coated dye-sub printed paper can be the final end-product, but dye-sub paper is most often used as a type of heat transfer paper to imprint the sublimated ink onto a specially coated surface.
c.Heat Transfer Sublimation paper used as heat transfer paper in dye-sub printing is not coated like the receptor surface. It has a special finish that prevents the ink from soaking into the paper. After the paper is printed with the transferable image, it is placed on the coated surface of the receptor product to be imprinted with heat and pressure from a heat press.
The dye-sublimation printing process is used to print on polyester or other synthetic fabrics. It is used for applications such as T-shirts, banners, table covers, id cards, sportswear and flags. The original printers were an electrostatic technology using toners but now are generally large format inkjet printers using specially formulated inks. The dye sublimation inks are a pigment suspended in a liquid solvent, like water. The images are initially printed on coated heat-resistant dye sublimation transfer paper as a reverse image of the final design, which is then transferred onto polyester fabric in a heat press operating at a temperature around 180 to 210 C (375 F). Under high temperature and pressure, the dye turns into a gas and permeates the fabric and then solidifies into its fibers. The fabric is permanently dyed so it can be washed without damaging the quality of the image.
What sublimation can and can’t do
- Imprint cotton shirts. As mentioned before, sublimation needs polyester in order to complete the process of transfer. Sublimation will turn out best with only 100% polyester shirts. Cotton shirts should be completed with heat transfer paper.
- Imprint 65/35 and 50/50 shirts with bright colors. Since a percentage of the shirt is still cotton, the sublimation ink does not have enough polyester to create a vivid transfer. The image will end up with dull colors, especially after washing. Again, using heat transfers for cotton shirts is really the best option.
- Imprint colored shirts. Any colored background drastically alters the imprint colors. Since sublimation will become part of the shirt, any color already on the garment will overwhelm the transferred image.
- Imprint non-polymer-coated items. Remember that sublimation is printing into the coating, not the item.
- Imprint gold/silver metal used by award companies. This is another instance where the background color of the substrate will interfere with the image.
Advantages of dye-sublimation over other methods of textile printing:
- Images are permanent and do not peel or fade.
- Dye does not build up on the fabric.
- Colors can be extraordinarily brilliant due to the bonding of the dye to the transparent fibers of the synthetic fabric.
- Truly continuous tones can be achieved that are equivalent to photographs, without the use special techniques such as half-screen printing.
- The image can be printed all over the entire item, with no difficulty in printing all the way to the edges.
- The printer speed is low.
- Any creases in the apparel during printing leave blank spots behind.
Dye sublimation inkjet printing technology is becoming popular in various personal and industrial applications.Sublimation paper must be printed by sublimation ink, transfer rate highly to 93%.It with high quality graphic and best color retention . Adapts to polyester fabric , coated mug, ceramic plate, CD box, sports wear,mouse pad, pillow case,advertisement flag and etc. Could not use on the 100% pure cotton textile.It suitable for the inkjet printer as Roland / Mimaki/ Mutoh / Epson and etc. Use heat transfer machine to transfer the photo on fabric and other materials .This is no pollution process without use of water or dyes stuff or chemicals in your work environment .